SEND US A MESSAGE:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions for G Mead Scaffolding Bristol Ltd
CONDITION OF CONTRACT
1) This quotation is open for acceptance within three months from the date thereof and is subject to g mead Scaffolding Bristol Ltd having labour and materials available, and receiving reasonable notice to commence work within three months after receipt of the Hirer’s order. GMS B Ltd reserve the right to re-negotiate their prices should the scope and/or details or the work change.
2) GMS Ltd will exercise all reasonable care to ensure that the structure is soundly and adequately constructed for the purposes requested by the Hirer’s and that when constructed it will comply with all statutory Regulations applicable. GMS Ltd undertake to remedy at their own expense any defects drawn to their attention in writing which have arisen from faulty erection by GMS Ltd or the use of defective equipment by GMS Ltd. Any other defects drawn to the attention of GMS Ltd in writing will be remedied by GMS Ltd at the Hirer’s expense.
The Hirer’s shall comply with and use their best endeavours to cause their employees, other sub-contractors and their employees to comply with the safety clauses set out overleaf and below and all other provisions which are to be observed by the Hirer’s or other sub-contractors in any statutory safety Regulations. The Hirer’s will indemnify GMS Ltd against claims and proceedings and costs and expenses in connection therewith in respect of any injury or death of any person or damage to any property or any loss or damage caused by or arising out of the use or misuse of the equipment by any person other than GMS Ltd or their employees or arising out of this contract. The Hirer’s acknowledge that adequate information about the use and safety of the equipment is available and that they have acquainted (or will acquaint) themselves with such information.
3) Any additions, alterations, adaptations or variations required to the structure will be carried out by GMS Ltd on receipt of written instructions from the Hirer’s and at the Hirer’s expense. Separate quotations will be submitted from all such work, and such quotations will be deemed to be accepted by the Hirer’s unless queried or rejected in writing within 28 days from the date of the quotation. The Hirer’s undertake not to carry out or cause or permit to be carried out any alterations, adaptation, variation or addition to the structure or to interfere with it any way except as provided in this quotation.
4) Only minor alterations to existing structures required by the Hirer’s will be carried out at the Day work rate shown overleaf plus expenses. Where any work is carried out to such rate, the total number of hours booked, as shown on GMS Ltd.’s Day work sheets will be chargeable at the rate shown in the quotation.
5) Unless otherwise provided in these Conditions GMS Ltd will indemnify the Hirer’s against all sums for which the Hirer’s shall become liable as and for compensation for bodily injury or death of any person damage to any property caused by the negligence of GMS Ltd in erecting or dismantling the structure or by the use of defective equipment by GMS Ltd. Provided that GMS Ltd shall be entitled to conduct in the name of the Hirer’s and control all claims or proceedings relating to such injury, death or damage and the Hirer’s shall notify GMS Ltd as soon as is reasonably practicable after the Hirer’s become aware of same happening but in any event no later than 36 hours after becoming aware.
GMS Ltd. has effected and under takes to keep in force at all times policies of insurance in respect of their liabilities under the clause (except where the Hirer has expressed in writing that they will cover GMS Ltd. and all its Representatives under all policies of its own insurance to the said sites).
6) GMS Ltd will not be liable to the Hirer’s for damage to roofs, glass or external cladding caused by or arising out of their work and the Hirer’s shall indemnify GMS Ltd against all claims and proceedings and costs and expenses in connection therewith in respect of such damage unless (and to the extent) such damage is proved to be due to Negligence on the part of GMS Ltd, their employees or agents.
7) Any rights which the Hirer’s Employer might otherwise possess under the terms of any contract between the Hirer’s and such Employer over temporary buildings, plant, tools, structure, goods and materials on site shall not extend to effect the ownership of any items provided by GMS Ltd in carrying out the work, which items shall remain the unencumbered property of GMS Ltd at all times. In the event of default in payment by the Hirer’s they shall, so far as they lawfully can, assist GMS Ltd to resume possession of GMS Ltd’ property.
8) The Hirer’s shall be responsible for and make good to GMS Ltd any loss or damage to GMS Ltd’
structure whilst on the site save to the extent caused by the negligence or wilful act or default of GMS Ltd or their employees. The Hirer’s shall pay in respect of any loss for which they are so responsible the then current sale value and in respect of any damage for which they are so responsible the cost of repair
9) Unless otherwise stated overleaf, this quotation allows for the work to be executed during the normal working hours of GMS Ltd from time to time and is based upon the current rate of wages and other emoluments and expenses payable GMS Ltd to or in respect of work people engaged upon or in connection with the work together with the current prices of materials and transport charges ruling at the date of the quotation. Increases or decreases in these rates, prices or charges ruling at the date of the quotation. Increases or decreases in these rates, prices or charges or upon any change in or imposition of any new Governmental taxes, levies or contributions in connection with the work shall be in addition to or deduction from the price quoted, using the cost index for scaffolding published by the Property Services Agency of the Department of Environment, NEDO Building Works Series 2 Appendix 5 (Scaffolding Labour and Materials) and Appendix 6 (Scaffolding Material Only) or such other index as GMS Ltd shall reasonably consider appropriate. The base date of the index being the date of our original quotation.
10) The Hirer’s shall obtain and thereafter during the currency of the work maintain all consents, licences or permits required in connection with the work under any Statute Bylaw or Regulations from time to time in force affecting the carrying out of the work, consents from any third party, and shall produce to GMS Ltd particulars of all such consents, licences or permits before the commencement of the work. GMS Ltd reserves the right to revise their quotations if such consents, licences or permits impose conditions which involve additional expense to GMS Ltd.
The Hirer’s shall supply, fix and maintain any warning lamps and warning notices that may be required under the provisions of any Statute, Bylaw or Regulation, or otherwise during the period of the hire.
11) If progress on or completion of the work specified in this quotation is delayed for any reason beyond the control of GMS Ltd a fair and reasonable extension time for executing or completing the work shall be granted to GMS Ltd and that appropriate payment to cover for added manpower and expenses incurred to achieve this.
It shall be a condition precedent to the consideration of any claim by the Hirer’s for delay and to the liability of GMS Ltd for the delay that written details of any delay are sent to GMS Ltd within seven days of the delay commencing.
12) Payment shall be made in accordance with the terms of payment shown overleaf. GMS Ltd reserve the right in the event of a breach of this Condition by the Hirer’s to stop work on the site and to remove their equipment after seven days’ notice without prejudice to any other rights they may have.
13) The Hirer’s will provide without charge to GMS Ltd all facilities required to their own and GMS Ltd’ employees under the Construction (Health and Welfare) Regulations 1996 as amended or any statutory modification or replacement thereof for the time being in force.
14) Substances hazardous to health. You will supply full details of products or substances used or supplied on site from whatever source which could affect our workforce whilst on your
15) Such information will be provided including any revision of details, in sufficient time as to allow us to establish any necessary procedures for the safe use of the product or substance which will not delay any of our contractual obligations.
16) (і) Contract performance commences at first delivery and end on last collection.
(ii) Chargeable Hire Period will run from commencement of erection until notified in writing by the Hirer’s to dismantle and clear away is required.
(iii) Extra Hire Rate will be charged pro rata to amount erection on expiration minimum period.
(iv) Prices quoted are for the period stated irrespective of completion in less than this time.
Unless stated otherwise, prices and rates shown in GMS Ltd’ literature, correspondence, quotations, contracts, invoices and certificates are exclusive of Value Added Tax which will be payable to GMS Ltd as an addition to such tax exclusive prices and rates at the rates prevailing from time to time and GMS Ltd shall be entitled to adjust the rate and amount of Value Added Tax retroactively or otherwise to comply with any rulings made by H M Customs and Excise affecting any goods or services sold, hired or provided by GMS Ltd.
1) Before any works will be under taken by GMS Ltd we must be in receipt of and had confirmation from supplied referees, as to the Hirer having an account set up with ourselves. The Hirer accepted, signed and returned to GMS Ltd its Terms and Conditions and given us an Order Number for each and every job/site/contract, we have quoted the Hirer for. Please quote your Official Order Number on all correspondence relating to each contract.
2) GMS Ltd and any of its representatives or agents will work under the direct supervision, guidance and/or instruction of your nominated foreman, supervisor or management for a minimum charge of 8 hours per day per man as stated overleaf in G Mead Scaffolding Ltd hours of normal work (except if GMS Ltd employees or representatives leave the said site of their own accord). And to sign daily/weekly the time sheets, gang records and confirmation of hours worked so invoices can be produced accurately, fairly and on time.
3) GMS Ltd have based its rates/price(s) on the understanding that we will have good means of ingress for our men and materials to all areas of the site(s) and where reasonable a carry from materials to point of erection, dismantle or adaptation of no more than 10m unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing.
4) A quick turnaround surcharge of £150.00 will apply each and every time we supply you with Labour or materials at short notice (i.e. less than 2 hours notification, to move men from 1 said site to another said site, excluding expenses).
5) This quotation has been prepared from details supplied to GMS Ltd by the Hirer. You should check that your requirements have been correctly interpreted and that all loadings, dimensions, and details are correct and practicable. Any costs incurred by GMS Ltd due to additional works will be charged to the Hirer accordingly.
6) Optional: The Hirer/Main Contractor will notify GMS Ltd in writing of its intention to cover any of GMS Ltd’, employees, agents or representatives on their policies of insurance to qualify for the quoted discount.
7) Fuel charges will vary from contract to contract this will be calculated fairly from our offices to the site by the use of a “Computerised Route Finder” and return journey at the quoted pence per mile. Copies will be produced on request.
8) Where time loss creates penalties to GMS Ltd we reserve the right to pass on such costs to the Hirer.
1) In relation to an inquiry from a New Hirer a New Account form must be completed and returned (by Email and hard copies by post), once an account has been set up and conditions of use accepted works will be undertaken.
2) We will set your Credit Limit when we open your account. Your credit limit is the maximum you can borrow on your account. If we consider it appropriate, depending on how your account is managed and if your financial conditions change we may increase or decrease your limit and will notify you of any such change.
3) The Hirer must make a weekly payment, 7 days off of invoice.
4) In signing this agreement the Hirer consents to any relevant searches on your principle Directors/Partners being made through a licensed credit reference agency.
1) Payment to be received by us within 30 days of the date of our invoice (Up to14 days after works commenced).
2) Unless valid notification or reason is given within the 7 day period, all invoices and/or applications for payment will be deemed acceptable and therefore payment is to be made in full within the 7 day term.
3) RJS B Ltd reserve the right to stop work and remove any labour from site without notice if any breach of payment is made. Any costs incurred by the Hirer as a result of this will not be considered or met by RJS B Ltd
- BOARDS - Scaffold boards are often moved after GMS Ltd have placed them in position and the Hirer shall ensure that the working platforms comply with all applicable regulations at all times
- FOUNDATIONS – The Hirer shall ensure that the ground/base provided for G Mead Scaffolding Ltd’ scaffold structure is adequate to support the loads to be applied without settlement, including the provision of any spreaders.
- TIES AND BRACING – The Hirer shall ensure that adequate facilities for tying the structure are made available and are maintained. No ties or braces are to be removed without reference to GMS Ltd’ offices.
- INSPECTION – GMS Ltd will not undertake statutory inspection of scaffolds or the signing of the register as the appropriate Regulations provide that these are the responsibility of the employers of labour using the scaffolds.
WHY CHOOSE US:
Fully Qualified & Trained
All Size Projects Welcome
Over 30 Years Experience
Reliable Scaffolding Services
Free Quotes & Advice
Bespoke Scaffolding Solutions
AREAS WE COVER:
We are based in Bristol and cover a 50 mile radius. Our scaffolding service is available to Domestic, Commercial & Industrial customers.